Saturday, June 7, 2014

BLANCA GUERRA

BLANCA GUERRA
“The Conversations We Don’t Have”
2014
4:33
The separation of family has influenced my practice in the past two years and this time apart has limited our dialog. Phone call conversations are the main source of communication, though at times they are missed. The Conversations We Don’t Have is a compilation of voicemail recording that my parents have left me from the past two years. This audio is both in English and Spanish and is paired with music that gives me a sense of nostalgia for both home and my parents. The visual is a combination of recreated memories and my current surroundings. Through this piece I hope to reflect the everyday of race and ethnicity with my own family through these missed conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment