Saturday, June 7, 2014

TERRY CAMPBELL

TERRY CAMPBELL
“Chrissy and Terry”
2014
3:27
When asked to create a piece of art about how I interact with ethnic minorities the first thing that came to mind was seeing my wife each day.  My wife is Spanish and an artist. Race has never been an issue in our relationship, the tensions in our relationship comes from the way we interact with one another.   These interactions are not always kind.  My first video attempt was a recording of my wife talking about her views on art and feminism.  The video became preachy and not art.  My final video shows our interaction and our struggle being artistes.  My video hints at aspects of our daily life without being obvious or pretentious.  The video invites the viewer into our world without explanation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment