Saturday, June 7, 2014

JOSIAH LEE LOPEZ

JOSIAH LOPEZ
“Enter Escape Viajar”
2014
7:13
Around and outside the city of Denver, documenting sounds and images from of a variety of sources, I experience a constant motion in my everyday life. I enter a journey that begins by walking, riding the bus or taking the light rail to many a destination. The cities public transportation system is an abstract idea or notion for those who own a vehicle. Most of the time when people have a car the do not take the bus, If I owned my own vehicle I would not take public transportation because of the constant issues of waiting, dealing with irrational bus drivers and disgruntled patrons who ride the bus as well. My travels are sometimes rough and full of constant annoyance, the conflict of personalities are great. To deal with this I retreat to this alternate reality called the zone of enlightened headphone music distraction. It is were I put my headphones on, close my eyes and pretend to be this alien life form that is observing my environment for the first time. This particular piece is the study and observation of the urban landscape and the ritual of taking public transportation 

No comments:

Post a Comment