Saturday, June 7, 2014

DANIEL YOON

DANIEL YOON
“A Walk In My Shoes”
2014
4:18

Using a device that most people use in their everyday, I have decided to film my everyday using the camera on my phone. My everyday consists of going to school and working at my mother’s liquor store (stereotypically) in which there are lengthy distances traveled. In between those times, I filmed the things that I see in my environment. It is not very eventful and exciting but it is routine in my everyday life. I recorded my eyes to display what sets my identity apart as an Asian American, specifically Korean American, to any other American. I also recorded walking in my shoes to be a metaphor for the viewer to see from my perspective. The sounds that I recorded are sounds that I hear for the majority of the day, which is at work. And the music I have included fit with the recorded clips in a lyrical manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment